Since starting to have mental health problems and then being sectioned, I’ve learned about things I never imagined existed or would need to know about.
- I’ve learned that being taken to hospital by police counts as an arrest that could show up on checks done for prospective employers.
- I’ve learned what it’s like living in homeless hostels from people who are living there now; and that (if I’m lucky and can persuade the council to put a roof over my head) that’s where I could end up this year.
- I’ve learned about the Work Capability Assessment and Atos & that, even if your doctor’s certificate is for mental health, you’ll still be asked to touch your toes.
- I’ve learned that mental health problems are often treated with purely physical means, and that merely keeping someone alive is seen as success enough.
- I’ve learned that getting treatment for mental health problems…